Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 6 - The Sarmatism Museum












Unfortunately, today wasn't too eventful! We ended up going to a Sarmatism exhibit at a small museum in the city. Sarmatism was Turkish influence on Polish culture during wars between the two groups. A lot of the influence is reflected in the clothing and tapestries found from the era. Even though I typically like museums, I don't think I was really feeling it today. Nothing caught my interest so I kind of just drifted through the exhibit. However, some of the stuff was very pretty and I loved the colors used in some of the tapestries and clothing.

Following the exhibit, I ended up walking with Desiree and Jordan along St. Florian street where most of the major shops are located. I didn't end up getting anything (I want to find one very nice thing for each of you...not just cheap tourist junk!) but I absolutely had to try the bread sold along the street corners. Along the street, it's common to find blue bread stands. Basically, the vendors sell a Polish-style bagel. The outside is a bit more tough than the bagels at home and the flavor is relatively light. From what I've been eating in Poland so far...it's true, Europeans and everyone else like their bread!

The dinner was a bit disappointing to me today. I didn't care for the pasta di pollo (chicken, mushrooms, and some kind of fancy sauce) too much. I think the sauce got to be a bit too rich..but hey! at least I got to try it, right? However, the chocolate mousse was DELICIOUS. European dessert is out to get me. I'm really gonna have to watch it here! Following that I ended up going back to the hotel, sent love to the ones I needed to, and walked the city with a few of the group members for a bit. Now I am here and have yet to retire in an hour or so.

Hugs and kisses to you guys! I am counting down the days before I get to see your faces. You have NO IDEA how much I miss you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment